By opting to use the SignVideo service, your use of it (“Service User”, “you”) will be deemed to have agreed to the following.
You may access the service if you have diagnosed hearing loss, can communicate in British Sign Language (“BSL”) and have access to a mobile device/computer with wireless internet access. In some circumstances, you may be able to use a mobile data connection, however any such data use will be at your own cost.
Use of the service in CVS veterinary practices is solely for communicating with the CVS Veterinary Practice (“Practice”) and in relation to an animal owned or cared for by you. You must be registered with the CVS Practice or, if a new client you may access the service to book an initial appointment and/ or for the purpose of registration with the Practice.
You can access the service in one of the following ways;
The following terms will apply to the use by you of the service:
- The SignVideo Service enables a Service User to access a video service arranged by CVS to speak to a CVS veterinary Practice.
- The SignVideo service is operated by Significant UK Ltd (SVCC) (The Service Provider), St Agnes House, 6 Cresswell Park, Blackheath, London SE3 9RD on behalf of CVS (UK) Limited, CVS House, Owen Road, Diss, Norfolk IP22 4ER and veterinary practices in the CVS group.
- There is no cost to you for the SignVideo service, however you must have access to Wi-Fi or data bundle via computer/tablet/phone in the home and data enabled device/phone in the Practice.
- The service will operate in the United Kingdom veterinary practices between the hours of 8am – 6pm Monday – Friday except for published England and Wales Bank Holidays.
- SignVideo is an on–demand service, which is not pre-bookable. Should there be a need for a specific appointment on a predetermined date and time within the hours above, the Service User may pre-book calls to by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org and give full details.
Pre-bookings are not guaranteed and may not be available.
- SignVideo is an on-demand service and whilst every effort will be made to answer video calls quickly, if there is simultaneous demand, there may be a waiting time.
- You must have access to your own device/computer and Wi-Fi/data to access the SignVideo service to book or attend an appointment and you must have a knowledge of BSL. You will need to bring your device with you to the Practice.
- If you do not have a smart phone with access to internet data, the Practice may be able to assist. However, ensure you contact them in advance.
- You will be deemed to consent to your name, address and any details necessary to access the service being given to SignVideo as a data processor. SignVideo does not store any personal information whatsoever in the SignVideo contact centre and has confirmed to CVS that it is compliant with the requirements of the Data Protection Act 2018 and The General Data Protection Regulation. However if you have any concerns you may contact the CVS Data Protection Officer at email@example.com.
- If you experience technical difficulties accessing SignVideo, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Whilst we make every effort to provide the SignVideo service, should you be unhappy with the SignVideo service, please contact email@example.com.
Whilst every effort will be made by CVS to ensure a trouble-free use of the service, CVS shall not be responsible for any difficulties in communication between you and SignVideo or any miscommunications through the use of the service, save where such are due to the negligence of CVS and its employees.